There were Scouts in Chorleywood in 1910 and they were called 1st Chorleywood Troop of Baden-Powell Boy Scouts as at that time there were other rival Scouting organisations being formed.
The inaugural meeting was held at Beechcroft, Shire Lane on 30th September 1910.
The Troop closed down during the 1st World War but after reformed and re-registered as 1st Chorleywood. They subsequently moved down to Batchworth Lake, became a Sea Scout group and renamed themselves 1st Batchworth Group.
The 1st Chorleywood Scout Group formed in 1947. They met in the Florence Brown Hall – John Craske was the Scout Master and Pop Fawcett the Group Scout Master.